Vegan Gelati Sandwiches
Minutes Cooking Time
- 70 grams of coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 a cup of vegan butter
- 1/2 a teaspoon of fresh vanilla beans or vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 70 milliliters of rice malt syrup
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 1/2 a tablespoon of corn flour
- 1/2 a teaspoon of baking soda
- 40grams of chopped macadamias
- 60 grams of dairy free white chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 180 Celsius.
2. In a medium bowl add coconut sugar or brown sugar, vegan butter or around 2/3 cup coconut oil, fresh vanilla beans or vanilla extract and around water – cream with electric beaters for around 2 mins then add rice malt syrup, beat to combine.
3. In a separate bowl sift together plain flour, corn flour, a pinch of salt and baking soda – then slowly combine this dry mixture into the wet ingredients.
4. Gently fold in chopped macadamias and free white chocolate chips *you could add vegan milk chocolate chips and walnuts, coconut shreds or whatever you want in this step! Then place the batter in the fridge for 15 minutes.
5. After you’ve chilled the batter place tablespoon sized balls onto a lined baking tray and bake for 12-15 minutes.
6. Let the cookies cool then stuff with as much vegan gelati as you possible can and try not to eat them all at once.