Vegan Apricot Brown Butter Cobbler with Dairy Free Vanilla Bean
Better than Apricot Jam this Vegan Apricot Brown Butter Cobbler is the perfect way to serve up some fruit is the form of a dessert. Add a scoop of our Dairy Free Vanilla Bean to introduce an element of creamy.
- 2 x 820gm cans apricot halves drained (reserve the juice)
- 1 tspn lemon zest
- 1 tbs arrowroot
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- Reserved drained apricot juice
- 110 gm dairy free butter
- ½ cup (85g) fine polenta
- ¼ cup (55g) caster sugar
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180 degs C.
2. Place the reserved apricot juice and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir and simmer for about 20mins.
3. Put apricots, arrowroot, lemon zest and vanilla bean paste into a bowl and mix.
4. Pour into a 20 cm cake tin or baking dish.
5. Melt butter in saucepan and cook until foamy and nutty brown.
6. In a bowl put in polenta, sugar, flour, baking powder and mix. Make a well in the polenta mixture and pour in the butter and mix.
7. Scoop out mixture with tablespoon and roll into balls and place on top of apricots. Repeat until all polenta mixture is used and the apricots are covered.
8. Bake at 180 degs for 45-50 mins until browned. Let sit for 10mins to cool slightly before serving.
9. Serve with Dairy Free Vanilla Bean Gelati and drizzle with syrup.