Ricotta Fig & Honey with Brownies and Poached Pears
This sophisticated dessert is sure to tempt your sweet tooth! Red wine poaches pares, rich chocolate brownie paired with Gelista’s unique Ricotta Fig and Honey Gelati. The perfect wow factor for your next dinner party!
4 pears peeled
1 bottle of red wine
4 tbsps. sugar
2 sticks cinnamon
1 pkt brownie mixture
1 x 570ml Jar of Gelista’s Fig, Honey and Ricotta Gelati, softened slightly
1. Pour red wine into a saucepan, add sugar and cinnamon sticks. Heat gently and ensure you stir regularly.
2. Place in pears, bottom first, and bring to a gentle simmer for approx. 20 mins or until tender.
3. Remove from red wine syrup and set aside.
4. Simmer to reduce the red wine syrup until thickened.
5. Make up brownie mixture according to packet instructions, spread mixture into 4 greased and lined baby springform tins. Bake in oven according to instructions.
6. When cooked, remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
7. Scoop Ricotta Fig and Honey Gelati over the brownie and spread evenly. Pop into freezer and allow to set firm.
8. To serve, remove from spring form tin, top with sliced pears and drizzle over red wine syrup.