Ricotta and Blueberry Tart with Ricotta Fig & Honey
The beautiful baked Ricotta tart covered in jam like blueberries perfectly complements the unique flavour of our Ricotta Fig and Honey Gelati. Simply a match made in heaven.
Recipe Credit to Giovanne Cirillo @my_food_is_my_passion
- 150g of chilled unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 200g of plain flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon of caster sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla sugar
- 3 tablespoons of chilled water
- 300g of firm ricotta, well drained
- 2 eggs
- Rind of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla bean extract
- 250g fresh blueberries
- 70g of brown sugar, sifted
- Icing sugar, sifted for decorating
- Place the sifted plain flour and cubed chilled butter into a large bowl. With your fingertips, rub the butter into the flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add your sugars and salt and mix well.
2. Add your chilled water and mix well with your hands until it forms into a smooth dough. Form the dough into a ball.
3. Wrap the dough with cling wrap and place into the fridge for 40 minutes before using.
4. Preheat oven to 180 degrees fan forced. Grease and flour a 10cm x 30cm fluted tart tin with a removable base.
5. In a large bowl, break up ricotta with a fork. Add eggs, lemon rind, vanilla bean extract and 1 tablespoon of sifted brown sugar. Mix well and set aside.
6. In a separate bowl, add your blueberries, lemon juice and remaining brown sugar. Mix well and set aside.
7. Remove pastry from fridge. Roll the pastry onto a floured clean surface to a thickness of around 5mm. Line the tin with the pastry and to include the sides of the tin. Trim excess pastry with a sharp knife and set aside as you want to cut 4 thin strips, around 3mm wide to display on top of your tart, diagonally.
8. Prick the base of the pastry with a fork.
9. Add your ricotta mixture to the tart shells and then place 4 thin strips on top of the ricotta, evenly, to create 5 divided areas. Add 2/3 of your blueberry mixture into the five divided areas on top of the ricotta. Do not add to much of the syrup that has formed from the lemon juice and brown sugar.
10. Bake tart in the oven for around 35 minutes or until lightly golden.
11. Allow the tart to cool completely in the tin before removing.
12. serve with the remaining blueberry mixture on top of the tart and lightly dust with icing sugar. Serve the ricotta tart with Gelista Ricotta, Fig and Honey Gelati.