The gooey centre of this chocolate molten cake is irresistible when paired with our rich Peanut Butter with Chocolate and Caramel Swirl gelati. A seriously indulgent dessert.
Preparation: 20 minutes
Refrigerate: 60 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- 180 grams of dark chocolate
- 250 grams of unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- ½ a cup of caster sugar
- ¼ a cup of sifted plain flour
- 1 jar of Peanut Butter with Chocolate and Caramel Swirl gelati
- Cube the butter and chop the chocolate. Place in a microwave proof bowl and microwave on medium high in 30 second intervals, stirring at each interval until melted and combined.
- Grease and flour eight 175ml ceramic ramekins. With an electric mixer beat together eggs and caster sugar until thick and creamy. This should take about 10 minutes. Fold through butter and chocolate mixture and flour. Spoon into the ramekins and freeze for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced and place ramekins on a baking tray. Bake until cakes are set on the outside but wobble when touched. This should take 16 minutes.
- Leave to cool for approximately 1 minute.
- Flip a plate so that the serving side sits on the top of the ramekin. Flip the ramekin onto the plate. Optional: Serve with cream and coat with cocoa powder or icing sugar.
- Add a scoop of Gelista Peanut Butter with Chocolate and Caramel Swirl gelati and serve immediately.