These beautiful Lemon tartlets are made even more irresistible with the addition of toasted meringue and Lemon Myrtle Gelati. The elegant flavours of the Gelati cut through the sweet and crunchy meringue to deliver a stunning flavour explosion. The combination of pure lemon myrtle from the Australian Northern Rivers, Sunshine Coast macadamias and toasted coconut flakes produces the modern flavour of the Australian Summer. This dairy based premium ice cream delivers a unique flavour that is unparalleled in its creaminess.
Serves: 6 individual tarts
Preparation: 40 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
- 6 premade shortcrust pastry tartlet cases
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ cup of water
- 4 room temperature egg whites
- ½ teaspoon of cream of tartar
- 1 jar of Lemon Myrtle and Macadamia with Toasted Coconut gelati
- Blind bake tartlets for 10 minutes.
- Fill each tartlet case with a couple of tablespoons of the gelati and gently press until the top is flat. Place in the freezer.
- Add the egg whites and cream of tartar in a stand mixer and set on medium speed until they form soft peaks..
- Combine sugar and water over medium heat. Cook until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture has reached 115° C.
- With the mixer still running gently tip the sugar syrup into egg mixture. Increase the speed to medium and beat until the meringue forms stiff peaks.
- Remove the tartels from the freezer. Spoon the meringue into a piping bag and pipe onto the tartlet cases in the desired pattern, ensuring the gelati is entirely covered.
- Bake on medium heat until the meringue is golden.