Nothing says indulgence like the combination of Gelati and cookies. But serving the Gelati inside the cookie… Well, that’s just genius. The crunchy texture of the cookie cups contrasts perfectly with the creamy Vanilla Bean Gelati in a combination that’s sure to satisfy your sugar cravings.
Serves: 10 bowls
Preparation: 30 minutes
Cooking: 14 minutes
- 175 grams of butter, cubed and melted·
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups of self-raising flour, sifted
- 500g of chocolate chips
- Gelista Vanilla Bean gelati
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Combine melted butter and both sugars in a large bowl and whisk together until combined.
- Add the vanilla, egg and egg yolk, beat until the mixture is pale in colour and consistent.
- Fold through the self-raising flour and stir through the chocolate chips.
- Cover a tray with baking paper and place an upside-down muffin tray on top.
- Roll out the dough to about 1 cm and cut circles that are slightly larger than the bottom of the muffin tray.
- Gently lay the circles over the bottom of the muffin tray and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Allow to bake for 14 minutes or until bowls are a golden brown colour, leave to cool for 10 minutes, remove the bowls from the tray and place on wire racks.
- Serve with a scoop of Vanilla Bean gelato.