Apple Crumble with Vanilla Bean Gelati
Warm apples, a crunchy topping and a scoop of Vanilla. An unbeatable classic for when you don’t know what to make. Or maybe just dessert on a cold night.
- 4 large Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored, sliced
- ½ a cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of white sugar
- 5 millilitres of lemon juice
- ½ a cup of white sugar
- ½ a cup of oats
- ½ a cup of plain flour
- 60 grams of butter, cubed
- 1 scoop Gelista Vanilla Bean gelati
- Preheat the oven to 180/160 degrees Celsius. In a small saucepan combine the sliced apples, water, sugar and lemon juice. Place on low heat and stir until the apple is softened with a translucent colour. Drain most of the liquid from the mixture.
2. In a medium bowl, add sugar, oats, flour and butter. Gently rub the butter into the flour mixture until it crumbles.
3. In an ovenproof dish add the apple mixture and top with the crumble. Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
4. Serve with a scoop of Gelista Vanilla Bean gelati.