Our Apple and Guava sherbet with Salted White Chocolate makes the perfect accompaniment to this indulgent apple and rhubarb pie. Why not give this recipe a try today and delight your friends and family!
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 40 minutes
- 6 Peeled and diced Granny Smith apples
- 3 Rhubarb stems
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- A large pre prepared shortcrust pastry case
- Optional: 2 (400g) sheets of ready rolled shortcrust pastry cut into 2cm strips
- Preheat oven to 220 °C.
- In a large bowl combine rhubarb and apples. Mix through sugar and cinnamon until the fruit is coated.
- Pour mixture into the pastry case and bake for 40 minutes.
- Serve with a scoop of Apple and Guava gelati.