Salted Caramel Macadamia Gelati Bread
Adrian Richardson’s Apple and Cinnamon Pancakes are the perfect sweet treat that can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or tea! The addition of our Lightly Salted Caramel Macadamia Gelati gives an added layer of indulgence to this delicious dish. This unusual spin on a gelati recipe is an excellent conversation starter. It is also a sneaky way to incorporate gelati into your breakfast. The Salted Caramel and Macadamia gelati gives a great texture with the warm crumbly bread and the crunchy macadamias.
2 cup self raising flour
1 tbsp baking powder
¼ cup sugar
½ tsp cinnamon
1 cup milk
1 tbsp vanilla paste
1 tbsp butter, melted
2 green apples, peeled and diced
1 tbsp butter, for cooking
Gelista Lightly Salted Caramel Macadamia gelati
Macadamia nuts, chopped and roasted
- Use a whisk to combine the dry ingredients for pancake batter in a large bowl. Add wet ingredients and whisk until smooth. Add milk gradually to control the consistency, put an extra ½ cup milk if needed. Add diced apples and stir through.
- Put a hot pan on low heat.
- Ladle pancake mixture into the pan greased with butter over a low heat. Cook until golden on each side.
- Serve with icing sugar, maple syrup and a generous scoop of Lightly Salted Caramel Macadamia Gelati.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the entire jar of gelati and the self rising flour, until just combined. The mixture should be thick and sticky.
3. Pour the mixture into a greased and lined bread tin 10cm x 11cm x 27cm.
4. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until baked through.
5. Leave to cool on a wire rack.