You have heard of fried ice cream. But now you have got to try fried gelati. The warm outer shell of each gelati ball gives an interesting spin on the traditional cold ice cream. The pairing of the Blood Orange and Dark Chocolate makes this recipe even more exotic.
Preparation: 130 minutes
Cooking: 2 minutes
- 1 jar of Gelista Blood Orange and Dark Chocolate gelato
- 250 grams of crushed coffee biscuits
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- Vegetable oil
- Icing sugar to serve
- Line a tray with baking paper.
- Scoop 5 balls of gelati onto the tray and place the tray in the freezer for about 2 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and roll each ball in the crumbs of the coffee biscuits. Leave to freeze for 1 hour.
- Lightly whisk the eggs and the milk together. Roll the gelati balls in the egg mixture and coat them a secontitme with the crushed biscuits.
- Leave to freeze for 1 more hour.
- Heat a deep fryer of pan of vegetable oil to 190 °C.
- Fry each gelati ball until it turns golden brown. Remove and leave to drain on a paper towel.
- Serve immediately.