Many thanks to Good Chef Bad Chef for this recipe.
*Sassy Lassy *There are two kinds of lassis served in India, savory and sweet, both made with thinned yogurt, providing probiotics, potential grass-fed fat, protein, and help with digestion. *Ayurvedic wisdom does not condone cold drinks for digestion. Drink your lassi at room temperature, or cool, but not cold. *Yoghurt and kefir help to balance the gut microbiome. *The lactic acid in yogurt prevents H. pylori and other invasive bacteria. *Kefir is a probiotic-packed milk drink that can easily be found in both dairy and non-dairy forms at regular grocery stores. * Can use stevia instead of honey
Recipe by: Rosie Mansfield
Preparation: 10 minutes
- Pinch saffron threads
- 2 tbsp coconut Gelista gelato
- 2 ½ cups natural yoghurt (or kefir)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- Pinch cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- In a small bowl, crumble the saffron into 1 tbsp of hot water and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Place the yoghurt, coconut gelato, honey, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, saffron water (discard the threads) and cardamom in a blender jug. Blitz for 30 seconds until smooth.
- Pour into an iced glass and garnish with desiccated coconut, pistachios and fresh mint
- Serve with:Desiccated coconut