Warm apples, a crunchy topping and a scoop of Vanilla. An unbeatable classic for when you don’t know what to make. Or maybe just dessert on a cold night.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
- 4 large Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored, sliced
- ½ a cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of white sugar
- 5 millilitres of lemon juice
- ½ a cup of white sugar
- ½ a cup of oats
- ½ a cup of plain flour
- 60 grams of butter, cubed
- 1 Scoop Gelista Vanilla Bean gelati
- Preheat the oven to 180/160 degrees Celsius. In a small saucepan combine the sliced apples, water, sugar and lemon juice. Place on low heat and stir until the apple is softened with a translucent colour. Drain most of the liquid from the mixture.
- In a medium bowl, add sugar, oats, flour and butter. Gently rub the butter into the flour mixture until it crumbles.
- In an ovenproof dish add the apple mixture and top with the crumble. Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
- Serve with a scoop of Gelista Vanilla Bean gelati.