Mint and chocolate is a sensationally indulgent flavour. This recipe enables you to combine them to create a dessert that is perfect for a quiet night in.
Serves: 1 person
Preparation: 10 minutes
- Your favourite chocolate sponge cake
- 1 jars of Gelista’s Mint and Dark Chocolate gelati
- Optional: 4 crushed peppermint chocolate bars (for decoration)
- 1 empty jar
- Slice the sponge cake into two layers.
- Sit the jar upside down on the cake and cut out two circles of cake the size of the jar.
- Scoop a layer of gelati and flatten onto the first layer of the cake.
- Place the remaining cake layer on top and place the jar into the freezer, leave for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer.
- Add another layer of gelati and flatten it on top to form the final layer.
- Top with the crushed peppermint chocolate bars and serve.