Bananas are a great fruit, nature packages them conveniently for people on the go. But what about when they start to go past their best before date? What do you do then? Add sugar, bake them and serve them hot, but not without a big scoop of creamy Gelista Classic Chocolate Gelati of course!
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- 4 bananas, sliced lengthways
- 100g of brown sugar
- 50g melted butter
- Gelista Classic Chocolate gelati
- Preheat oven to 200° Celcius. Lay bananas in an oven proof dish.
- Mix together sugar and melted butter in a bowl and spread over the bananas.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the bananas are soft and the combined brown sugar and butter sauce resembles a caramel.
- Remove bananas from oven.
- Serve warm or cool. Divide bananas evenly among serving dishes. Serve with a scoop of Gelista Classic Chocolate gelati.