Our Coffee and Cardamom with Mocha Swirl gives an indulgent new twist on the classic coffee Gelati. Combine that with a couple of coffee cookies and you have an exotic dessert that is sure to go down a treat.
Serves: 12 biscuits
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
- 8 cardamom pods
- 50 millilitres of coffee
- 50 grams of room temperature butter
- 75 grams of sugar
- 50 grams of golden syrup
- 175 grams of self raising flour
- 2 teaspoons of bicarb soda
- 1 jar of Coffee and Cardamom with Mocha swirl
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Split the cardamom pods and rub them between your fingers to separate the seeds.
- In a large bowl combine the coffee, butter, sugar, golden syrup and cardamom seeds. Beat until smooth.
- Sift in the flour and bicarb soda and mix until combined. Work the mixture until it forms a firm dough.
- Divide the dough into 20 gram balls. Place onto the tray and flatten until they are 5 millimeters.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until crisp.
- Leave to cool.
- Serve with a scoop of Coffee and cardamom with Mocha swirl Gelati between two cookies.