Two of our most loved things are coffee and Gelati so we absolutely adore this Frozen Tiramisu. The beautiful layers of savoiardi ladyfinger biscotti and cocoa along with our Vanilla Bean Gelati and espresso coffee comes together to create the most indulgent and mouth watering dessert
Preparation: 20 mins
Refrigerate: 5 Hours / Overnight
- 1 litre of Gelista Vanilla Bean Gelati, softened
- 1/2 cup of freshly brewed Italian Coffee, plus 5 tablespoons of coffee for Gelati
- 1/3 cup of Tia Maria
- 13 Savoiardi Sponge Ladyfinger Biscotti
- 1 cup of Dark Chocolate shavings
- Cocoa for dusting
- Line a 10cm x 21cm loaf tin with baking paper, allowing at least 5cm over hang on all sides.
- Place in the freezer for at least 10 minutes.
- Brew the Italian coffee and pour into a deep dish and set aside to slightly cool. Add your Tia Maria to the coffee. Mix well.
- Shave your dark chocolate.
- Take loaf tin out of freezer. Place 500mls of the softened Vanilla Bean Gelati to the base of the tin. Soak 6 of the ladyfinger biscotti to the coffee mixture and then lay them flat onto the Vanilla Gelati layer. Place in the freezer for around 5-10 minutes.
- If you find that the ladyfinger biscotti soak up a bit of coffee, and you think you may not have enough for the remaining 7 ladyfinger biscotti, brew another 1/4 cup of coffee and add a bit more Tia Maria if you wish.
- Remove the tin out of the freezer. With the remaining 500mls of Vanilla Bean Gelati, add 5 tablespoons of Italian coffee. Mix well.
- Dust the first layer of ladyfinger biscotti with cocoa, and add half of the dark chocolate shavings.
- Add the coffee flavoured Vanilla Bean Gelati to the next layer in the loaf tin and soak the remaining 7 ladyfinger biscotti in the coffee mixture.
- Place on top of the coffee flavoured Gelati.
- Place some cling wrap on top and freeze your tiramisu for at least 5 hours, or overnight.
To serve, dust more cocoa on the top of the ladyfinger biscotti of your tiramisu and add the remaining dark chocolate. Serve with Gelista Vanilla Bean Gelati.