Waffles make the ultimate winter dessert. With a crunchy outer shell and the soft, warm inside. But the addition of this sherbet gelati balances out the doughy flavour presented by the waffles and also adds an indulgent chocolate crunch. For extra sweetness add some maple syrup on top.
Serves: 2 waffles
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- 90 grams of plain flour
- ½ a teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of white sugar
- 150 millilitres of milk
- 40 grams of melted butter
- ½ a teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, separated
- Mix together flour, baking powder and white sugar in a food processor. In a separate bowl combine the milk, butter, vanilla extract and egg yolks. Add to the flour mixture and process until just blended.
- Preheat the waffle maker. In a separate bowl whisk the egg white until it forms soft peaks. Add to the processor and blend until just combined, for fluffy waffles do not over process.
- Spoon a small amount into the waffle iron and leave to bake until golden.
- Serve with a scoop of Gelista Blood Orange and Dark Chocolate gelati.