These vegan cookie sandwiches are a super delicious treat for when you feel like something sweet. Thanks to Tarni Deutsher @healthywholefood for this amazing recipe.
Preparation: 30 minutes
Cooking: 12-15 minutes
- 70 grams of coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 a cup of vegan butter
- 1/2 a teaspoon of fresh vanilla beans or vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 70 milliliters of rice malt syrup
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 1/2 a tablespoon of corn flour
- 1/2 a teaspoon of baking soda
- 40grams of chopped macadamias
- 60 grams of dairy free white chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 180 Celsius.
- In a medium bowl add coconut sugar or brown sugar, vegan butter or around 2/3 cup coconut oil, fresh vanilla beans or vanilla extract and around water – cream with electric beaters for around 2 mins then add rice malt syrup, beat to combine.
- In a separate bowl sift together plain flour, corn flour, a pinch of salt and baking soda – then slowly combine this dry mixture into the wet ingredients.
- Gently fold in chopped macadamias and free white chocolate chips *you could add vegan milk chocolate chips and walnuts, coconut shreds or whatever you want in this step! Then place the batter in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- After you’ve chilled the batter place tablespoon sized balls onto a lined baking tray and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool then stuff with as much vegan gelati as you possible can and try not to eat them all at once.