These edible chocolate bowls are easily customisable and save you having to do the dishes at the end of the night. Our dairy free Coconut and Raspberry Swirl Gelati compliments the combined chocolate and strawberries in the bowl. The combination of the crushed freeze-dried strawberries and white chocolate contributes to a rustic look and contemporary taste, as the strawberries break through the milky chocolate and present their own sweet but crunchy flavour. They are also a great way to finish off a Valentines dinner. Of course, you could just eat them all yourself.
Creates 6 bowls
Preparation: 10 minutes
- 200 grams of white chocolate
- 30 grams of freeze-dried strawberries
- 6 Water balloons
- 1 jar of Gelista’s Coconut with Raspberry Swirl gelati
- Break the chcolate into small pieces and melt on medium heat in the microwave. Leave to cool for two minutes.
- Cover a baking tray with a sheet of baking paper.
- Crush the freeze-dried strawberries into a powder and set aside.
- Blow up the water balloons to the desired size of the final bowl and knot at the end.
- Holding the knotted end of the water balloon dip it into the melted chocolate, allowing the excess chocolate to run off back into the bowl.
- Sprinkle the balloon with a pinch of the crushed freeze-dried strawberries and place onto the tray.
- Repeat for the remaining balloons.
- Place the tray into the fridge to cool for 30 minutes or until set.
- Pop the balloon and gently pull away from the chocolate to form the bowl shape. Fill with a scoop of Gelista’s Coconut with Raspberry Swirl Gelati and top with a sprinkle of the crushed freeze-dried strawberries.