Craving a chocolatey goodness that can only come from a warm cookie? Why not combine it with a scoop of Vanilla gelati. For best results construct sandwiches whilst cookies are still warm so that you get the contrast between the cold gelato and the warm cookie.
Serves: 7 sandwiches
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- 175g of butter, cubed and melted
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups of self-raising flour, sifted
- 500g of chocolate chips
- Gelista Vanilla Bean gelati
- Preheat the oven to 165 degrees Celsius.
- Combine melted butter and both sugars in a large bowl and whisk together until combined.
- Add the vanilla, egg and egg yolk, beat until the mixture is pale in colour and consistent.
- Fold through the self-raising flour and stir through the chocolate chips.
- Cover two trays with baking paper. Using a tablespoon measure out rounded portions of the dough and place on the prepared trays, allowing space between each portion for spreading.
- Allow to bake for 16 minutes or until golden, leave to cool for 10 minutes, then place on wire racks.
- To assemble sandwiches place one scoop of Gelista Vanilla Bean gelati between two cookies.