Looking for an easy way to impress your next visitors? Well I’ve got the recipe for you. This churro bowl not only looks impressive but is also easy to make. Fill your next dessert with a delicious scoop of Gelista Vanilla Bean gelati, and if you want to be extra, top it with some warm chocolate sauce or raspberry coulis.
Preparation: 40 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
- 1 scoop of Gelista Vanilla Bean gelati
- ½ cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 40 grams of butter
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- Butter for greasing
- Vegetable oil to deep fry
- ¼ cup of caster sugar
- Pinch of cinnamon or more as required
- Optional: melted chocolate and berries to serve
- Mix water, sugar, salt and butter in a small pot over medium heat, allow to boil before removing from heat.
- Stir in the flour until completely combined and the mixture forms a sticky dough, remove from heat and leave to cool.
- Grease the underside of a muffin tin with butter and completely cover with plastic wrap.
- Place the dough into a piping bag fitted with a star tip nozzle and pipe the mixture around the muffin pans.
- Repeat until all the mixture is gone.
- Place muffin tray in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan or deep fryer, to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Combine caster sugar and cinnamon for the churro coating.
- Remove dough bowls from the outside of the muffin tin, fry in hot oil for 6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place cooked churro bowls on paper towel to drain and remove excess oil. Roll in sugar and cinnamon mixture, ensuring all sides receive an equal coating.
- Serve with a scoop of Gelista Vanilla Bean gelati, optional: top with melted chocolate and berries of your choice.